Authorship and Contributorship
Pakistan Journal of Engineering and Technology follows authorship criteria based on the following 4 criteria:
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
- Final approval of the version to be published; AND
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.
The authors of each manuscript are asked to confirm that:
1) The manuscript has not been previously published or submitted elsewhere;
2) They made a significant contribution to the work and approved the final version of the manuscript;
3) Their work complies with ethical standards;
4) They are accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved;
5) They have obtained all necessary permissions to publish any figures or tables in the manuscript.
This section is only required for original articles, review articles, systematic reviews, and meta-analysis articles. It describes the contribution made by each author to the manuscript. Authorship credit should be based on:
1) Substantial contributions to the conception and design of the study, the acquisition of the data, or the analysis and interpretation of the data;
2) Drafting the article or critically revising it for important intellectual content; and
3) The final approval of the final version to be published.
Authors should meet all three of these conditions.
Note: the acquisition of funding, collection of data, language editing, or general supervision of the research group alone do not constitute authorship.
Changes to authorship or contributorship
If there is any change in authorship and/or contributorship after the initial submission, approval from all authors must be presented. This applies to additions, deletions, change of order to the authors, or contributions being attributed differently. Any change must be explained to the Editor. The Editor may seek ascertainment from any of the authors/contributors regarding whether they have agreed to any change.
When disagreements among authors arise, PakJET follows the guidance of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE): https://publicationethics.org/guidance/Flowcharts.